Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Joy Glen


Hello, friends! Today marks the day when I begin my holiday card making in earnest, as the weather begins to turn and the leaves begin to fall. I know that time is ticking down to get those cards made for the Caring Hearts Card Drive that benefits the elderly in nursing homes, so I'll be switching into high gear from here on out. I highly recommend that you check out this wonderful cause hosted by Vera Yates and Jennifer McGuire. There's even loads of prizes donated by some of the most awesome companies in the industry! But the bottom line is, you have the opportunity to bring smiles to so many this holiday season. And that's really reason enough to get involved.

Today's card is going for a simple, elegant look with stand-out features. I used the brand-new Deer Stencil by Sheena Douglass, available in the Crafter's Companion store as of noon today. These new stencils are so versatile, this is only one part of the Deer Stencil -- and you could actually create a complete second scene with the same one. There are 10 new stencils in this line, so be sure to check them all out.

To create my scene, I used Dreamweaver Silver Embossing Paste to fill in my stencil and covered a scrap of white cardstock cut into a hill shape in Dreamweaver White Embossing Paste and coated it in chunky glitter while it was still wet. I think it just adds an extra layer of dimension and glitz to my card. 

I really wanted a simple, understated sentiment, so I stamped "Joy" from the Mulberry Wood "Christmas Wishes" stamp set, which is one of my most favorite Crafter's Companion sets of all.

I hope you like it! And please consider making a few extra cards this year for The Caring Hearts Card Drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...