Monday, August 4, 2014

Oh Happy Day - Lawnscaping Challenge #87


Hi there! Welcome to Lawnscaping Challenge #87: Back To School! This time we are all about your school-themed projects, whether it be cards for teachers, lunchbox notes, treat holders, anything you can think up, really!


For my card, I decided to make a little tongue-in-cheek watercolor card, expressing my joy that the kids will soon be back in school. Don't get me wrong, it's been a lovely summer, but I haven't had a minute to myself that I wasn't at work or at my weekly writers group, and I'm looking forward to a little time all to my lonesome to craft or even just to grocery shop without three boys in tow! ;)

I watercolored my images from Lawn Fawn's Hello Baby and Critters On The Farm stamp sets with Distress Inks and added a sentiment from Hello Sunshine. I added little backpacks to the duckies backs with a Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Pen.

Special thanks to Simon Says Stamp for sponsoring our challenge with a $25 gift certificate to the winner. Please stop by the Lawnscaping Challenge blog to check out the other amazing DT samples and link up your Back To School projects to play along.



Simon Says Stamp Store Blinkie photo SSS_09_2103_zpsc2c6b992.gif

3 comments:

  1. Super stinkin cute, Christy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is just ADORABLE!!! I love those little ducklings off to school! Ha ha ha!! So cute and clever!! Fabulous idea!! (PS - the little backpack straps - so fun!!!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...