Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta


Hello there!
Kind of a different post tonight.
If you follow me on Facebook, you know
that I love to cook, and I often post about it.

Tonight I had some requests to share my
recipe for Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta,
and my sweet friend Ashley suggested that
I post it here on my blog, so that people
can pin it to their Pinterest accounts if they like.

So, here it is:



I love the taste of Chicken Cordon Bleu, but let's face it,
that dish can be a lot of work to make.
I wanted to keep the traditional flavors of the dish
but simplify it for those nights when you need something
quick and simple, but tasty and filling.

Here's the other thing.
 I am totally flattered when people ask for 
my recipes, but sometimes it's a little hard to do, 
since I rarely cook with any measurements.
You don't need any for this.
It's as simple as can be!


Christy's Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta

Ingredients:

1 package skinless boneless chicken strips or breasts (strips cook faster and chop easier)
1 package pasta (I like Farfalle, but any medium-sized pasta will do)
1 jar Alfredo sauce (sometimes I make my own, but jarred can be just as good)
6-8 slices deli ham
6-8 slices swiss cheese (I like Lorraine or Heidi Ann - the kind with tons of tiny holes)
salt and pepper 

Directions:

Get your pasta water going.
Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and saute chicken until just cooked through. (Season your chicken with salt and pepper before adding to the pan).
Remove cooked chicken to a cutting board and rough chop into bite-sized pieces.
Add pasta to boiling water.
Dice your ham and cheese slices. (I just stack them all up on top of each other and go to town. ;o)
Drain your cooked pasta.
Add Alfredo sauce to hot, empty pot.
Dump in pasta and all other ingredients.
Add salt and pepper.
Stir. 
Serve.

Didn't I tell you it was simple? :o)

If you make it, come back and tell me!




5 comments:

  1. That sounds really yummy. I'll have to try it. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh a quick and easy recipe. That's what I'm talkin' about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made it and it was awesome! I'm thinking about doing the chicken with lemon pepper next time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...