Monday, July 11, 2011

It's a boy!


I have to apologize for being away
from the blog for so long.
It's been with good reason, I promise. :o)

First off, my nephew, Shane Murdock,
was born Saturday night around 11:10 PM,
six weeks and six days early.
It was an anxiety-ridden day, to be sure,
but it ended so beautifully, with this sweet little guy
making his way into the world.


Shane weighs 4 lbs and 13 oz and will have to 
remain in the NICU for four to six weeks,
but he's such a strong little guy, I just know he'll be fine.
He scored a 9 on his Apgar and is already breathing on his own.
I can't wait until the day we're allowed to hold him.
He's already stolen my heart.

So that's the good news.
I, myself, have been having some problems lately.
After a rash of doctor's appointments and tests,
I've been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome,
(also known as PCOS) as well as Diabetes.
I have to have more tests done in the next two weeks
for elevated liver enzymes, and thanks to an abnormal pap smear
and I'm having a Colposcopy done next friday,
where they take sample tissue of my cervix for further testing.

It's been a rough couple of weeks, to be sure,
with my husband in the middle of mid terms,
and everything that's been going on with me.
As I'm sure you can imagine, worrying about your health
doesn't make for much positive creative energy.

On a much more encouraging note,
I saw that I passed 100 followers last weekend!
I'd been watching the numbers creep up, 
getting super excited, but not wanting to say anything 
because I really only want followers
 who want to follow my work,
and not just for the sake of numbers.

But now that I've hit 100, I've got a big giveaway 
planned that I will reveal in the next couple of days.
So please stay tuned for that.

Sorry there's no card today,
but I hope you understand.
I'm sure I'll be back in the swing of things in no time. :o)
Thanks for being there!

10 comments:

  1. Oh Christy, I'm sending BIG GIANT HUGE hugs your way. So glad your little nephew is here and is coming on strong. I'm sure you will be back in the swing of things soon and as always I can't wait to see what you create. Congrats on 100 followers too, that is amazing! **more hugs** :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Christy, I'm so sorry you've been going through so much and still more to come. You'll be in my thoughts and definitely more in my prayers. I know the thoughts associated with not knowing and having a battery of tests lined up...the waiting itself...sleeplessness...thoughts. I'm praying for you to have peace!

    Congrats on a new nephew...also on getting over 100 followers. I see my numbers go up...and down...I have to not get caught up in numbers too.

    I hope you have a better week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Christy... You are definitely in our prayers! Please let me know how your tests go!

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girlie~

    So sorry you are having to deal with all those.... I will be thinking of you and praying for you and your family, and congrats on such a beautiful nephew. I'm not sure what to say at times like these... just lots and lots of {{{HUGS}}} to you my sweet friend. :o)

    100 followers... I am not surprised at all. It will be much, much higher... who wouldn't want to visit this awesome blog!?!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Christy congratulations on the birth of your nephew! He is so precious! I'm so sorry to hear about you not feeling well hun. I know it can be hard, one of my closest cousins has PCOS and has just been diagnosed with diabetes as well. All I can really say is im praying for you and that over time it will get easier. Big hugs to you hun. xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for the deleted comment. Spammer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrate on becoming an aunt Christy. I know it is a scaring time, but to give you hope, My granddaughter was five weeks early and they told my son she would be there for three to four weeks and she was out in ten days.
    My prayers are with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Big hugs to you Christie. Hope you feel better soon and these tests come back with good results.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry to hear about your health issues! And I am so glad your nephew is doing well! I will keep you all in my thoughts. Congratulations on passing 100 followers!! I just passed 20 and was excited :o) LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...