Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Bloom Where You Are Planted


Hi there!
Has this been a crazy, stressful week or what?
I haven't had a second to craft anything,
but I do have a card that I made last weekend
I'd only made one Color Splash card before this,
and I didn't realize I'd used too many colors
when I created this one.

So I made a new one for the challenge
and saved this one for tonight. :o)



Let's hope the rest of this week goes easier!
Night, night.

Supplies:
cardstock: Bazzill kraft
paper: Crate Paper "Restoration"
stamps: Lawn Fawn "Critters in the Burbs," "Bannerific," and "Harold's ABCs"
ink: Momento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Distress Vintage Photo
embossing folder and staples: Tim Holtz
twine and button: Papertrey Ink


8 comments:

  1. Very nice and simple, it's kinda hard to not add more color to cards, I had to keep my color splash in check too. At least you got to share your card anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Christiana! I love what you did with the twine along the top of the card, and I love the lone flower against the rustic background!
    I posted a reply to your question in my blog comments! :o) Hope the rest of your week is a lot easier on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh... ahhh... amazing background you have here. Is that the color splash technique? I have to check it out. It looks super awesome!!! Love how the colors blend and splash just where you wanted it to. *sigh* is that a Tim Holtz emboss folder... I saw it at my LSS last week but didn't think it was that great. But now.... ugh... all your fault! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing how life has a way of keeping us from our crafty endeavors! I hope that you are well and that you're able to relax a bit...it always refreshes me.

    I love card...especially the beautiful flower blooming where there's no other life. Great composition and thought!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!


    <><

    http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been having a week exactly like that! Hopefully I can sit down tonight and craft! This is such a cute card Christy! I love how you made that cute little brick fence - so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It has been a crazy week!

    Fabulous card as always. Love the textured brick background and the single flower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh gorgeous! I've got that embossing die, but had no idea what to do with it, LOVE this!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...