Thursday, January 13, 2011

Altered Mini Composition


Good morning!
I wanted to pop in real quick before work
and share with you an altered mini composition
notebook I made the other night for my step-mom.

They're travelling to Israel in March
so I thought a pocket-sized notebook like this
might make a good travel journal.

These are really easy to whip up.
And at $.97 plus paper and ribbon scraps
they're really inexpensive, too.
I make them for my kids all the time.



If anyone's interested, maybe I can do
a how-to post. Let me know if that's something
you would like. :o)

Have a great day!



Supplies:
mini composition notebook (purchased at WalMart for $.97)
patterned paper: October Afternoon, Cosmo Cricket
ribbon: Offray
alpha stickers: Nostalgique

9 comments:

  1. Looks great! I really like the colors you used and your bow is perfect! That is so cool that Uncle Clay and Marla are going to Israel! That is like the one place on the planet that my dad has wanted to go soooo badly almost his entire life.

    I'm actually making a version even smaller than that one right now. I got a 3 pack at Dollar Tree. I've wanted to experiment with a few different paper products (i.e. notebooks, different sized post-its, etc). I like it when I can find them for cheap and only buy one of each thing so that I don't have to spend a lot of money before I know how its going to work out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful and oh so elegant, you did a great job with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am! Please share a tutorial. It's a wonderful gift... and even if I have no one to give it out to...it sure beats looking at that boring white and black cover. heeheee... I am diggin' the pretty OA papers you used here along with that luscious ribbon....hmmm...scrumptious! She'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute notebook!! Love all the great cards on your blog too!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!! (=

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely do a how to! My girls would love something like that. Super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your book.
    Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Christy! You did a wonderful job on this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great altered book! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...