Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sophisti-Cat Thanks

So, I recently found myself in need of a thank-you card for a wonderful lady we know. A lady who is vibrant, fun, and works with children on a daily basis. I wanted to keep her card fresh and fun and youthful as well. Here's what I came up with.


I started out with some black Bazzill cardstock. To break up the flatness, I stamped a distressed dot clear stamp from Glitz Design with linen white ink from Inkadinkado. It was the first time I used both of these supplies, and I have to say, I wish the white would have come out a little whiter. I'm not sure if it was the stamp or the ink, but I'm guessing the ink. If anyone knows of a great thick, even coat white ink, please let me know! Trial and error can be costly. ;o)


Anyway, I stamped this sophisticated little cat from Rubber Soul in black StazOn on a little square of white GP cardstock, colored in her eyes with Copics, and gave her a little collar with a silver sharpie and a tiny gem from ADT. I adhered that to some hot pink cardstock and punched it out using a scalloped square punch. I put dimentionals on the back, but before I attached it, I tied on a bit if black and white polkadot ribbon which I believe is from American Crafts, but I could be wrong.


For my final touches, I added some faux stiching lines with my Signo white gel pen, to sort of reinforce the bright white on the other areas of the card. I wrote "thanks" and drew a little paw print. Then I chose two flowers from Sandylion essentionals to give it a bright, feminine touch.

I hope you liked my card today! Please continue to keep Grace in your thoughts and prayers and consider sending her a card or two in this extrememly difficult time in her life. To read about Grace, please see the previous post below.

4 comments:

  1. oh, she'll love it! I love the pink on black contrast! Very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card, what great colors and that kitty cat, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great color combos, cute cat, perfectly exhuberant! What a treasure of a card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute, love the colors and the layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...