Friday, February 19, 2010

Think Spring

Are you like me? Have you grown tired of this winter weather? Today I decided to think Spring, even if all evidence outside my window declares the contrary. I found a little butterfly stamp set from studio g in the $1 bin at A.C. Moore this morning (I love to look through them. They're usually pretty cute and you can't beat the price!) which were very similar to the butterflies in the stamp set I picked up on my day trip to Hobby Lobby earlier this week. And I loved the sentiment that came with it. I can't get enough sentiment stamps!

I stamped the butterflies in various shades using my Colorbox chalk ink Q, then cut them out and arranged them on the card. I glued them down using a combination of Tombow Mono Multi Glue and 3D dimentional adhesive to (hopefully) gain the appearance of butterflies in flight.

Both the plaid paper and the blue tone-on-tone diamond paper came from the Die Cuts With A View Sweet Stack, which I bought more than a month ago, I believe. There's a TON of adorable patterns in that collection and I've barely made a dent in them. The blue had yummy looking cupcakes all across the top, but I just trimmed that part off and saved it for another project. I love that it has glitter on it for some added interest. I had actually planned on adding a little glitter to the butterflies, but I forgot. Whoops!


No ribbon this time either. I couldn't figure out where to put it, and then I decided it looked fine without. Well, anyway, I hope you like it! Have a great weekend, everybody!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you KNOW I'm sick of winter, lol! I like your choice of background papers, especially the blue embossed paper. I also like the way the butterflies pop off the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I still have some practicing to do, but I still think it turned out cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a few moments to brighten my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...